· Hypertension (high blood pressure)
· Automobile accidents - because the patient is sleepy and drowsy during his/her waking hours.
· Family members suffer - especially if a person shares the same bed or bedroom. Loud snoring, a common feature of OSA, can undermine the quality of sleep of other members of the household.
· Later risk of heart attack
· Erectile dysfunction- problems either getting an eraction or maintaining one.
· Stroke- there is a greater risk of having a stroke, and suffering a second stroke if the sleep apnea is not treated properly.
Dec 27, 2012